CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT THE KENYA NUCLEAR ELECTRICITY BOARD (KNEB)
The Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board (KNEB) is a State Corporation wholly owned by the Government of Kenya. KNEB is established under Gazette Notice No. 170 of 16th November, 2012 and charged with the responsibility of fast-tracking and implementing Kenya’s Nuclear Power Programme, in line with the Kenya Vision 2030 blueprint for development.
KNEB’s main role is to promote and expedite the development of nuclear electricity generation in Kenya through formulating the requisite nuclear policies, strategies and legislation; undertaking public education and awareness; identifying suitable sites for the construction of Nuclear Power Plants; and developing human resource capacity for the programme.
The Mission of the Organization is to Promote Safe and Secure Application of Nuclear Technology for Sustainable Electricity Generation and Distribution in Kenya.
To achieve its strategic Information Communications Technology (ICT) Goals, KNEB seeks to recruit a dynamic and competent ICT Manager.
Job Ref No. KNEB/ICT/1/2017
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder is responsible for leading, directing and overseeing the ICT function, ensuring continuous operation and cost-efficiency of the organization’s systems, network, database architecture and data security by :-
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the organization’s ICT strategic goals, plans and programs
- Providing oversight and managing the implementation of an ICT security strategy and disaster recovery plan to minimize risk of data loss and breach of privacy of organization’s information.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reviewing of the organization’s ICT policies.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing of the organization’s ICT Budget.
- Advising the organization on ICT systems, processes and procedures.
- Developing the ICT procurement plan and ensuring procurement of the appropriate ICT infrastructure and services.
- Overseeing the implementation and maintenance of ICT infrastructure in line with organization’s needs and growth plans in line with the changing technological advancements.
- Providing methods, tools and procedures for data integrity, assurance and guarantee daily operation.
- Advising and developing the organization’s ICT internal control and monitoring systems.
- Management of the organization’s ICT projects
- Managing the ICT human capital to ensure organizational performance.
Candidates must have the following:-
- Masters degree in Computer Science or in any other ICT related discipline from a recognized institution
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Be a certified registered member of good standing with a professional computer association.
Related Job Experience
Must have at least eight (8) years work experience, of which at least three years (3) must have been served in management position.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
The candidate must possess the following skills and competencies:-
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Proven ability to build effective teams
- Proactive, initiative, good networking, negotiation and collaborative skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, meets deadlines and delivers on results.
- Excellent analytical and structured problem solving skills.
Terms of Service and Renumeration
The appointment will be for a contractual term of three (3) years, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must obtain and submit valid clearance from the following:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct).
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 8th August , 2017 by 5.00pm East Africa Time.
Applicants to include CVs with details of day-time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees.
Applications to be sent by post or delivered to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board,
KAWI COMPLEX, 4th Floor,
Red Cross Road off Popo Road, South C,
P.O. Box 26374-00100
Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.