2nd Edition Nuclear Essay Competition
NuPEA has planned to hold its 2nd Essay Contest, focused around the Agency’s mandate and open to learners in primary and secondary schools across Kenya. The Agency has been keen on sensitizing academic institutions about nuclear energy and the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) course which are prerequisites for career opportunities in the nuclear industry. Additionally, the Agency is seeking to stimulate and spur interest among young students as pertains to nuclear science, technology, research, and development for a sustainable future.
The essay competition aims to promote and encourage creative thinking through writing. NuPEA especially encourages female learners in primary and secondary schools to take part in the competition. A quick description of the contest is provided below:
Contestant Eligibility and Rules
- Primary School Essay Contest open to pupils in Grade 6 to 8
- Secondary School Essay Contest open to students in Form 1 to 4.
- The contest is open to pupils and students in both private and public Schools in Kenya.
- Essays by Primary School contestants must be limited to 400-450 words (references not included).
- Essays by Secondary School contestants must be limited to 800-850 words (references not included)
- Each contestant will submit a single essay entry.
- Proper citation of sources is required Contestants may use quotations and/or copyrighted materials, but must identify the original author. The appropriate use of such material is the responsibility of the contestant.
- Essays received after the due date will be ruled ineligible for competition.
- Contestants may not identify themselves, their County, or Schools in their essay.
- Essays must be written in English.
- Each contestant must prepare his or her own essay.
- The essay must be the contestant’s original work and should not have been submitted in any other contest locally or internationally or previously published in part or full.
- Judging of the essays will be based on the quality and adequacy of the essay in form and content. The decision of the judging panel will be final and cannot be appealed.
- The essay is to address the following topics (please choose one question only):
Primary school essay topics
Secondary school essay topics
NB: Contestants to choose one topic in each category.
Prizes for both categories
Essay Submission Deadline and Requirements
Essay Submission Deadline is 5th May 2023 before 5:00 pm
The entry must be submitted as a Word file (.doc or .docx)
Electronic submission is preferred: ALL essay entries shall be sent through email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email Subject ‘NuPEA 2nd Essay Contest’
The essay submission must include a duly filled Official Student Entry Form attached below.